Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One to Ten!!

This post is mostly just random cute pics of Cole, and a short update on my treatment for those who are interested. I finished my first round of antibiotics via PICC line a few weeks ago. I still have the PICC line in my arm, in case we need to repeat the treatment in a few months. The first treatment went really well. It helped my overall body pain a lot, my mental clarity is better, and I have less migraines. The nausea hasn't gotten any better, and I'm still pretty exhausted. So we ran some more tests and figured out that I am critically malnourished and dehydrated as if I were a homeless person on the street! What? And the Doc said it's not from just a few weeks of not eating right; that this has been going on for years. Oops! Who would have thought not eating and drinking could make you that sick? Go figure! But in my defense I've been nauseous for 7 years, so food didn't exactly sound appetizing. So now they are shoving food and water down my throat and hoping that it will stay down. If not I'll have to get fed through tubes in my nose. But hey, through this whole thing, I've learned a lot about health, drugs, and i.v.'s. . .maybe one day I'll become a nurse. Or a drug dealer. Which ever will bring in better money to pay for this dang treatment!! Kidding of course.

The first pics are of our awesome week at the Ranch for the 4th. It was tons o' fun. There were lots of people there, so it was just like the good ol days. I guess Cole loves Jeeps, just like his Daddy! These next few are of Cole with his cousin, Cohen's, sunglasses on. The second he put those bad boys on he was acting like he was the coolest kid in the world. He even started saying "Sup" , hence the hand flick. This next video is a small sampling of the amazing sponge-like brain Cole has these days. Today, Regan asked, "Hey, Ash? What time did Cole wake up today?" I answered, "Nine." Then Cole said, "Nine, Ten." I looked at him and was totally surprised. We had never taught him numbers. I thought he was too young. I just counted steps and random small things like that, but no way could he know numbers. So a quizzed him. Sure enough, he knows how to count to ten all by himself! Crazy! We were laughing so hard! I tried to get it on camera, but couldn't get him to do it all by himself. But it's still super cute!

The last thing I'm putting on here are two movies (step 1 and 2) of me doing my PICC line treatment that I do every day. Those that want to see how I do it can watch, but it may be boring. I just wanted to show everyone how cool I am at administering drugs to myself. I'm pretty proud of my great accomplishment.



4 comments:

  1. Nice work babe. You are doing so well with the updates on your blog. I love the "sup" of Coles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little guy! I can't believe all the words he knows. You are such a great mommy, he is just growing and learning like crazy!!! Cohen said bubble tonight, Scott and I were really excited. Another one to add to the list of words he is learning. :)
    That was really interesting to see exactly how you do your treatments. One day you will be free of the PICC and hopefully FREE completely!!!
    Have fun in Cali!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, how the heck are you? It's been way to long since we've chatted. I'm glad things are improving with your treatments. Are you still at your mom's? I should come say hi. I love you, Miss Ashley, you're my superhero.

    PS
    How do you know Brittney Gillespie? We went to Vienna together in 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ash, your little boy is totally awesome. we always knew you were going to be a rockin' mom.

    whenever your name comes up i always think of our campouts in moab or the western deserts or jumping off waterfalls . . . there were so many good times and you were always ready for some fun and laughs. i'm sorry you've been so sick for so long. what a plate you've been handed. hang in there, girl! we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete