Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Toncillectomy gone bad

Well, I can't write long because I absolutely have to lay down. But I thought I would give a very short update until I could give the full story. Basically, I went in for my Tonsillectomy and went home to get better. By the next day I couldn't breathe and was rushed to the hospital. There was a complication with the surgery and I got pneumonia. They transferred me straight to the ICU where I stayed for 4 days. They were the worst for 4 days of my life. Full of pain and not being able to breathe, but through a pure miracle I was able to come home last night. I am so grateful to be home. It's nice, for many reasons, but mostly. . .to see Cole. When I saw him for the first time in what seemed like and eternity, the smile he had for me lifted me higher than I could imagine. It was better than hugging a gigantic percocet. I'm so grateful to be home.

I just wanted to say thank you for all who have been praying for me. I have had some miracle this week that I know have come from the prayers and fasting from those in my life. Thank you. I really don't like asking people for favors, but this is one that I feel that I really need at this time. Please pray for me. The pain is almost more than I can bare. My husband has already moved to Boston, so it's hard to be without him. Mostly, I just want to be able to focus on the postitive and get through this emotionally. I would really appreciate the extra help from above and I know God listens to the prayers of his children. . .especially when asked in Faith. I feel like my faith is so tiny, and I really need the faith of others to help me through this.

I hope all is well with everyone else!!

6 comments:

  1. We and our girls have you in our prayers. I hope you will feel well again soon and get to be with your hubby again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers my lemon. I am so sorry. HANG IN THERE! I promise you will have better days. I love you and I wish this wasn't happening for you but one thing I have learned is that there is a reason for ALL things. Sometimes it seems like the reason is floating in a bottle somewhere in the middle of the ocean and we will never know it, but eventually the Lord will help us to understand WHY we have struggled, and show us that he WAS THERE WITH US THE ENTIRE TIME, even when we doubted. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
    Love,
    Lynsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my thoughts and prayers Ash... hope to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet ashley, i wish i were there to give you a giant hug! or i wish i could give you a giant percocet! whatever you needed. i can't believe all the things you have to deal with. i wish i were you neighbor so i could help somehow . . . anyway, we pray for you and know that in the end everything will be made right. hope you make it to boston safely! hang in there girl. you're a warrior. if there is ANYTHING i can do from afar please let me know. miss you,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  5. we pray for you daily! i missed this post somehow, but had heard about this from mel. hope you are feeling better and that you're in boston by now. updates please! (whenever you feel up to it, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete